I've never climbed a real mountain. The highest point I've ever walked up to is probably some hill in Sarawak many years ago. I don't know how to prepare for a mountain climb. The gear, mental preparation and planning are all foreign to me.
I've climbed a few figurative mountains though. Generally these are the ones the Lord has laid before me. The first few I've had to climb were pretty treacherous, and some of the valleys that I subsequently descended into took me by surprise. (It didn't occur to me that what goes up must come down!) However, after a few of these climbs and descents, I've learnt to prepare myself better although I won't profess that I know everything!
I recognise I'm about to climb another mountain. My preparation began in the form of a firm yet loving command last Oct - "Be very strong and very courageous!" I didn't know what that meant until I arrived at base camp some weeks ago.
You know how some mountains are so high that you can't even see their peaks when you're at the foot? But just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. I can trust my Guide to lead the way and and even if everything else fails, I know the Maker of this mountain will make another way.
No comments:
Post a Comment